I've released a new software (GPL3) called vlist-player that is pretty cool and that I'd love to share with the community. Any comment or programming improvement is wellcome!
(You can get more details at the Q&A of my website)
For the description I make you a copy-paste from website http://rsm.imap.cc/software/vlist-player.html
(Don't get scared I just love dark themes)Package Description
Create advanced video playlists.
This package allows you to create playlists from folders containing videos.
The program has options like playing randomly, by order, save the progress of your last episode, etc.. If you are one
of those who still downloading videos from the Internet instead of watching on streaming this package is definitely for you!Usage
- Switch the modes "Full" and "Mini" by doing a double right-click on the root window.
- Play a single video by doing a double left-lick on it.
- Play a serie by double left-clicking on it or in the serie image.
- If a right-click is done in a serie or a video a menu will appear.
- Change the volume with the Up/Down Keyboard arrows, the scale of the toolbox and the mouse wheel.
- Switch from un-maximized and full-screen by doing a double left-click. (it is also possible to exit with the "Esc" key)
- Pause/Stop by doing a left click or by using the toolbox button.
- The "Stop" button from the toolbox exits the player and saves the episode progress.
- If the player is exit with the "X" button, the progress of the episode is not saved.
- Right-click to change the Subtitles/Audio/Video or to close the player.Preview
** The appearance of the program depends of your desktop theme. The pictures may be outdated **
The root window:
The player (powered by VLC)Installation
(copy paste from http://rsm.imap.cc/software
For DEBIAN/DEBIAN based systems:
(for UBUNTU/Ubunut Based please take a look to the previous URL )
There are two ways of installing the software:-Manual installation (not recommended):
You will have to install python-vlc and then vlist-player:http://rsm.imap.cc/software/repository/pool/main/p/python-vlc/http://rsm.imap.cc/software/repository/pool/main/v/vlist-player/
Then maybe some dependences are missing so to install them use "apt-get -f install"-Automatic Installation (recommended)
Just add the signed repository:
wget -O /tmp/key http://rsm.imap.cc/rsm-gpg.txt; apt-key add /tmp/key; echo "deb http://rsm.imap.cc/software/repository wheezy main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list; apt-get update
(that comman will download the gpg key, add it to the key ring, add the repository, and then update the data base.. copy it as a single line)
Then install vlist-player "apt-get install vlist-player"