I've released a new software (GPL3) called vlist-player that is pretty cool and that I'd love to share with the community. For the description I make you a copy-paste from website..Package Description
Create advanced video playlists.
This package allows you to create playlists from folders containing videos.
The program has options like playing randomly, by order, save the progress of your last episode, etc.. If you are one
of those who still downloading videos from the Internet instead of watching on streaming this package is definitely for you!Installation
There are two ways of installing the software:-Manual installation :Download the full package
and install it. You may need to use "apt-get -f install" to install the dependences.-Installation from the repository (recommended)
For Debian systems just add the signed repository:
wget -O /tmp/key http://rsm.imap.cc/rsm-gpg.txt; apt-key add /tmp/key; echo "deb http://rsm.imap.cc/software/repository wheezy main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list; apt-get update
(that command will download the gpg key, add it to the key ring, add the repository, and then update the data base.. copy it as a single line)
For Ubunty systems:
Add the repository and be sure of having the Universe repository:
add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) universe"; apt-get update
Then install vlist-player
apt-get install vlist-playerUsage
- Switch the modes "Full" and "Mini" by doing a double right-click on the root window.
- Play a single video by doing a double left-lick on it.
- Play a serie by double left-clicking on it or in the serie image.
- If a right-click is done in a serie or a video a menu will appear.
- Change the volume with the Up/Down Keyboard arrows, the scale of the toolbox and the mouse wheel.
- Switch from un-maximized and full-screen by doing a double left-click. (it is also possible to exit with the "Esc" key)
- Pause/Stop by doing a left click or by using the toolbox button.
- The "Stop" button from the toolbox exits the player and saves the episode progress.
- If the player is exit with the "X" button, the progress of the episode is not saved.
- Right-click to change the Subtitles/Audio/Video or to close the player.Preview
** The appearance of the program depends of your desktop theme. The pictures may be outdated **
The root window:
The player (powered by VLC) Any comment or programming improvement is wellcome!