GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Have you ever used ATK functions in your code
Yes, regularly. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, for certain rare tasks. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, never. 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
ATK? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: GtkWidgetAccessible
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hi,
I'm trying to add accessibility support fora custom widget and chaining up the classes to GtkWidgetAccessibleClass. Unfortunately I can't find a header file with this type defined. I've read that this is the base class which all custom widgets are meant to have public access to (it's subclasses, e.g. GtkContainerAccessible being private). Looking in the source code for gtk>3.2 I find its in gtk/a11y/gtkwidgetaccessible.h but of all the headers on my machine I can find nothing of the sort only gtkaccessible.h which doesn't cover this type. Shouldn't gtk/gtk.h naturally wrap in all these accessibility headers anyway? I have all the usual -dev headers installed. Googling it doesn't seem to help as no-one seems to bother much with accessibility.
Am on Ubuntu 12.04
Thanks,
Paul

Post subject: Re: GtkWidgetAccessible
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:01 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Ok turned out that it is GtkAccessible not GtkWidgetAccessible that is made public which meant I had to pull in all the code from gtkwidgetaccesible.c and put it in my custom widget. They have deliberately made all the Gtk*Accessible ojects inaccessible which seems a bit ridiculous. As a side effect I wasn't able to access the _focus_widget that gtkwidgetaccessible gets from gail.c as an extern, so maybe will have to file a bug report. So much for classes being for code reuse. I guess at least my code runs leaner and faster.