GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SQLITE and GTK+ - Can't Get Entry text into SQL Command
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 pm 
Familiar Face

Hello Everyone,

I am using sprintf() to combine my text entrys on my GTK Application to insert into a sqlite database. it connects just fine to the database but it won't insert the text from the entrys and the time. Any Suggestions?

Code:
   time_t t = time(0);

rc = sqlite3_open("src/myprogramdatabse.db3", &db);

char cmd[200];

sprintf(cmd,"INSERT INTO os_basics VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s)",ctime(&t), gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_name)), gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_id)), "variable", gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_version)));   

if (rc == SQLITE_OK)
   {
      rc = sqlite3_exec(db, cmd, callback, 0, &zErrMsg);
   }

Thank You

Post subject: Re: SQLITE and GTK+ - Can't Get Entry text into SQL Command
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hi.

There is nothing wrong with the code you posted as far as I can tell (I just quickly read it through). Did you try simply printing text from entries and ctime() function?

Cheers,
Tadej

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm 
Familiar Face

If i printf cmd it prints the SQL Statement "INSERT INTO os_basics VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s)",ctime(&t), gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_name)), gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_id)), "variable", gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_os_version))"

ctime(&t) prints correctly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hi.

You're really not providing much information about your problem. Post print statement in it's entirety and complete result if you want to get any help, since it's impossible to tell what is happening in all those other calls.

Cheers,
Tadej

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:35 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

The fact that something is going wrong at the sprintf or earlier stage indicates this has nothing to do with SQLite. As tadej says there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your sprintf command (obviously printf cmd does not return a string with all the %s's as %s's - you've really been misinformative by saying this - what exactly was printed? did it end after the time statement? Was "variable printed"? If anything what was printed for the get_entry calls?).
It is likely that there is something going wrong with your entries in which case the error in the code won't lie in what you've given. Please give a wider sample of your code that covers everything that could be related to this problem (e.g. setting up the entries and the containers they are placed in. Variable declarations - where are they located - are they global or how are they passed around. Function declarations/signal connection etc.) so its source can be more readily determined.