GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tutorial Glade 3 including Gtkfilechooser dialog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am 
Familiar Face

Is there somwhere a tutorial where I can learn how to create and use a file chooser dialog within Glade3.
It may be in C, C++ or Ada as these are the languages I can understand.
My problem is mainly retreving the File chooser dialog from the builder and after that opening the dialog.
At this moment when I retreve the element from the builder with a get_widget statement and typecasting
it as an filechooser dialog analog to the way it works with the parent window I try to use show_all, also analog
to the mainwindow my program quits when running outside a debugger program or hangs inside a debugger
program, in this case also the debugger program hangs. I am using Ada and the GNAT Programming studio.
The last also as debugger

L. Dries

Post subject: Re: Tutorial Glade 3 including Gtkfilechooser dialog
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:00 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Glade3 has a few tutorials around, the easiest to direct you to would be by users of this site Tadej http://blog.borovsak.si/ and Micah http://www.micahcarrick.com/gtk-glade-tutorial-part-1.html. I haven't noticed much in the way of dialog windows however.
It does implement gtkbuildable so you should be able to do it.
Is it just a glade problem (i.e. if you put in c code to directly create a GtkFileChooserDialog do you get any of the same errors?

Post subject: Re: Tutorial Glade 3 including Gtkfilechooser dialog
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 am 
Familiar Face

As I already said I am writing in Ada. I had a program written in Ada where I started the programming from a Glade 2 GUI. In ada that presents direct ADA code. In glade 3 it seems possible to change my user interface so I want to convert this program to one using Glade 3. The simple program I used worked but the moment I included a Gtk Filechooser Dialog, I get troubles connecting to that dialog, the problem occurs when applie the run statement for that dialog:
Code:
      if Run(File_Open_Dialog) = gtk_response_accept then
         FileName := To_Unbounded_String(Get_FileName(+File_Open_Dialog));

The program creates a legal address with the statement:
Code:
   File_Open_Dialog := Gtk_File_Chooser_Dialog(Get_Object(ConvertCtoAda_Init.Builder, "OpenFile_Dialog"));

I tried this last code also with Grt_Widget. Ada, which is very strict, accepts boyh codes and in both cases it returms a vlrgal pointer bit in the run styatement the program just hangs so bad that even must even end tyhe complete GNAT Programming Studio, as the In the debugger I no longer am able to interven (stop the program).

L. Dries