GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best way to store a constant link to a Treeview item/node?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:01 am 
Familiar Face

Hi,

I'm writing a 3D modelling application using Gtk+ 2.24 on Windows and have everything worked out except one essential requirement. I need a way to link a 3d object in my scene to a corresponding item in the Treeview. Iter's, TreePath's and Tree References won't work because when I move a node in the tree, these values( and sometimes other items in the tree too) are changed.

I'm attaching a data pointer of my 3d model to the tree item, so I can always get the model from the TreeView node, but can't work out how to do it the other way round. The only solution I've thought of is to store a unique Id with the treeview item and in the 3d object, then when I click on the object I can get the id and loop through the whole tree to find that node. Before I implement this, does anyone know of another/better method I could try?

For those interested, here's a link to some screenshots of the app I posted on another forum:

http://forums.nuclearglory.com/index.php?tid=4255

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Best way to store a constant link to a Treeview item/nod
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:23 pm 
Familiar Face

I guess the lack of responses mean's that getting a permanent handle to node isn't possible, but that's ok as I didn't think there was a way. I'll start on the work around I described then.

Cheers