GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moving a canvas item, with key board keys. GooCanvas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:35 am 

I am using Perl binding of GooCanvas (Perl Goo::Canvas module).
I want to move a canvas item (say rectangle for e.g.) using keyboard keys (arrow keys specially).
First, when user presses, F8 key, canvas item, gets focus, and user can move it using arrow keys.
User presses, F8 once again, canvas item, which was already in focus, move out of focus.
Example of code (with comment or only comments) in C++ is also welcome.

Post subject: Re: Moving a canvas item, with key board keys. GooCanvas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:03 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hello,

You do not say which versions of the libraries you are using. We can help better if we have that information. See the guide for posting at http://www.gtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=178057

Post subject: Re: Moving a canvas item, with key board keys. GooCanvas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm 

System : Linux Ubuntu 12.10
Language : Perl
Library Module : Goo::Canvas (Module Version: 0.05 Source Latest Release: Goo-Canvas-0.06)
GTK+2

I am new in GUI programming. Exactly what Goo::Canvas (a Perl module) is, I can't say, but it's page says :

Goo::Canvas - Perl interface to the GooCanvas. GTK+ does't has an buildin canvas widget. GooCanvas is wonderful. It is easy to use and has powerful and extensible way to create items in canvas. Just try it.
For more documents, please read GooCanvas Manual and the demo programs provided in the source distribution in both perl-Goo::Canvas and GooCanvas

So, what I guess, it is some Perl code, which helps in, using GooCanvas functions, the way GTK, helps, for GUI programming in Windows and Linux.

If some one, could demonstrate/expalin, above problem in any GooCanvas library version, it would be still helpful (irrespective of language, or version)