GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fixed - Not a problem - ComboBox and Scrollbar problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 pm 

I have a "C" program - developed using Anjuta (currently v3.8.4) with Gtk 3.8.6

Until 2 weeks ago my ComboBox's displayed perfectly with the "Traditional" Scrollbar (wide and on the RHS).
Suddenly they started simply showing a wide block above and below the list with up/down arrows.
Of course these up/down "buttons" are really unusable for this application.

This happened on both Debian Jessie and Ubuntu 14.04 around the same time - I guess after doing updates for both systems.

This is causing some considerable concern because I just can't find out why.
I have tried different Themes but they have no effect on the scrollbars in my program - only on the scrollbars in Anjuta (and the other standard programs such as Nautilus, Nemo, Gedit etc which all change with changes in the theme).

I guess it is theme related - Adwaita shows a "resource" entry now - I am pretty sure it used to have the theme files (but maybe not ???)
I was using a modified theme (with the "appears-as-list" ComboBox style setting enabled to get the scroll bars to work correctly before) but downloading other themes all give the same result - no scroll bars for my program but plenty for others!

It could also be related to a change in the GtkComboBox operation but I haven't been able to find any documented change.
Does the GtkComboBox now have to be within a scrolled area?

Any help will be really appreciated

Last edited by prioryc on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ComboBox and Scrollbar problem - Fixed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 pm 

Administrator Blindness was the cause - too many options with no good explanations!
Somehow the widgets theme file for Gtk3 had the "appears-as-list" mis-spelt - and it was missed time and time again.