GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Notebook Fitt's law
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm 
GTK+ Geek

I am in HUGE NEED to face this :

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=112291

Post subject: Re: Notebook Fitt's law
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:13 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

You know that for ATK accessibility compliance within GTK a user should not actually need to use the mouse in which case the keyboard can be used to scroll. This is a bit of a work around rather than a fix though, but ATK is set up to enable (traditionally disabled) users to be able to better access GUI's programmed by largely ignorant designers (Why is there no explanation of atk in the gtk tutorials?). I may consider my motor skills perfectly adequate, but when faced with GUI's with narrow scrollbars and/or small screen sizes, ATK is just as much for me as the disabled user.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:28 pm 
GTK+ Geek

thnaks for the long answer.

is there any way i can remove the border of the appended page in a notebook?that white border around it just sucks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

I can't really say much more than what can be gleaned from the documentation. There's the _set_tab_border functions which are marked as depreciated in GTK+-2 so aren't in 3,which isstrange as you can _get_tab_hborder etc (they mustn't have liked developers changing their borders). There also used to be the "tab-border" property which unfortunately is also not in 3 either. So yes in this instance it looks like the gtk developers have chosen to hand control of tab borders from the software developer to the OS. If its worth the bother maybe you could override it with setting up a Cascading Style Sheet, gtk_css_provider_load_from_file(), and have ".notebook tab {border-width 0;}" somewhere in your file. Might work not too sure.