GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Four hscale widgets waiting for labels.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:30 am 
GTK+ Geek

i'm all done but adding in the "gender" code. [x] checkbox. so far i have four horizontal hscale bars and a means of printing the input via fprintf; but i have tried everything i can thing of to label the four bar and no-joy. i figured it would be a simple matter of doing something like this:

label = gtk_label_new("Pitch")
gtk_box_pack_start(.........)
gtk_widget_show(label);

for each label. It isn't that simple. nothing i've tried over more than three hours has worked. Any ideas? i'd like the strings to read 1.: "Pitch", 2) "Volume, 3) Speed WPM", and 4, "Delay"

i'll see if i can attach me src. i'd be very much obliged to learn what i've been doing WRong!

tia,

gary

Post subject: Re: Four hscale widgets waiting for labels.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:22 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hang on, where exactly do you want your labels. Box packing them generally works fine. (You're also meant to set up an atk relationship with off widget labels with the widget they label, though this is probably not what you feel is missing). But yes send in some more code to show whether the hscales are all in a row or one on top of the other, and whether the labels are to be to the left, right or above them (or even better locale dependent). It isn't something like forgetting to show the box or pack it somewhere? Apart from that nt much can go wrong.