GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Glade Catalog XML Sytax?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 pm 

Hi

In order to more easily develop GIMP plugins, I decided to use the Glade interface designer (glade3-3.8.0 from SlackBuilds.org). This requires that I write a catalog for the existing GIMP widgets (haven't found one online). So, I have gone about finding a couple of useful tutorials - just to see how it's done. No problem at this point.

Next, in order to be compliant with Glade's catalog XML syntax, I have been reading documentation from GNOME Dev Center: http://developer.gnome.org/gladeui/stable/catalogintro.html. Instructions include (to verify new XML):

Code:
xmllint --dtdvalid glade-catalog.dtd --noout my-catalog.xml

Now, try this:
Code:
cd <path-to>/share/glade3/catalogs
xmllint --dtdvalid glade-catalog.dtd --noout gtk+.xml

Oh My!

The default files are rife with undeclared elements and attributes! Reading the documentation at Dev Center helps me better understand what the authors meant, at least. Nonetheless, in order for my XML syntax to be compliant, I am having to rewrite the DTD file, and then - to get the standard Glade-3 XML compliant - sift through and rewrite those as well.

BTW: In case I just happened to install from a buggy source tar-ball, I also downloaded glade3-3.8.1 from the source to compare. The XML files in that package are (nearly) identical to those I already had.

Perhaps I can submit my XML re-edits to the maintainers for future inclusion.
Any thoughts?

Randall