GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GtkFileChooserDialog Layout
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm 

Does anyone know where I can find the layout of the GtkFileChooserDialog?

I mean the children of the dialog: Containers, Widget Names, anything would actually help.
I had considered writing some code to show the dialog and then interrogate the children recursively through a GList, but that seems like a lot of work.

Thanks, TR.

Post subject: Re: GtkFileChooserDialog Layout
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

I took a while finding this too. The GtkFileChooserDialog widget implements GtkDialog and GtkFileChooser and you can access the commands for each by casting to them. The children can be accessed by gtk_dialog_get_content_area and gtk_dialog_get_action_area, casting to containers and then accessing the contents.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 pm 

Yes, I had gotten that far from the GTK Reference Manual.

What I really want to do is stick a widget on the GTKFileChooser, next to the widget for the file filters. I assumed that it was in a BOX.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:12 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hi,

Please do not try scanning the widget tree for the GtkFileChooser to work out a place to put your own widgets. This is totally undocumented, so if you do get it to work it will probably break unexpectedly in the next version of GTK, even a minor version change in GTK could do this.

The only ways to add extra widgets to the GtkFileChooser widget is to use " gtk_file_chooser_set_preview_widget() " if the style of widget is like that of a preview to the selected file. It even has a signal to indicate if there is a need to change the preview.

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkFileChooser.html#gtk-file-chooser-set-preview-widget

The other method is to use " gtk_file_chooser_set_extra_widget () " this will then add an extra widget, say for other file options.

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkFileChooser.html#gtk-file-chooser-set-extra-widget

Remember with these methods that the passed widget could be a container which then can have many other widgets inside them.