GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Puzzle on Gtk FileChooserDialog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 am 

I have learned and used Gtk+ and Gtkmm for a long time. But no matter Gtk+ or Gtkmm, I have found the same problem about GtkFileChooserDialog: it can generate Linux-style view, but now I'm designing a kind of software for both Linux user and Windows user, I'm sure it's not acceptable for windows user when they use it, how can I solve the problem?
And another puzzle, GtkFileChooser didn't remember latest opened system location, why? Is my inccorrect use?
Waiting for your reply! Thx anyway.

Post subject: Re: Puzzle on Gtk FileChooserDialog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 pm 
Familiar Face

Here is note from GTK3 Devhelp :
Quote:
Note

Old versions of the file chooser's documentation suggested using gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder() in various situations, with the intention of letting the application suggest a reasonable default folder. This is no longer considered to be a good policy, as now the file chooser is able to make good suggestions on its own. In general, you should only cause the file chooser to show a specific folder when it is appropriate to use gtk_file_chooser_set_filename(), i.e. when you are doing a File/Save As command and you already have a file saved somewhere.

I did not use GTK on WIndows, so I can't help about that.

Cheers !

Post subject: Re: Puzzle on Gtk FileChooserDialog
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:37 am 

kepica wrote:
Here is note from GTK3 Devhelp :
Quote:
Note

Old versions of the file chooser's documentation suggested using gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder() in various situations, with the intention of letting the application suggest a reasonable default folder. This is no longer considered to be a good policy, as now the file chooser is able to make good suggestions on its own. In general, you should only cause the file chooser to show a specific folder when it is appropriate to use gtk_file_chooser_set_filename(), i.e. when you are doing a File/Save As command and you already have a file saved somewhere.

I did not use GTK on WIndows, so I can't help about that.

Cheers !

Thanks anyway!