GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Input-output on Assembler
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 pm 

Hello! Сould you help me with a little problem? In some reasons, I use GTK on Assembler (NASM) and faced with the problem of input-output. There is a program with GtkEntry (use as the output window, strange, I know) and buttons, which at the touch of character output in the input field. The problem is that: in the box you can send only one meaning the key pressed, when you press the next key values ​​are substituted for one another, which is not allowed in our situation, as it takes to make a string of characters by pressing different buttons (simple calculator). Interestingly, the cursor from input field disappears after the first pressing button becomes active, and the cursor will not return to the input line. How can I solve this problem? Hope for your help.

Enclose screenshots for better understanding.
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me x)

Attachments:
File comment: button is pressed
2_scr.JPG
2_scr.JPG [ 11.81 KiB | Viewed 429 times ]
File comment: button is not pressed
1_scr.JPG
1_scr.JPG [ 11.47 KiB | Viewed 429 times ]

Post subject: Re: Input-output on Assembler
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Sorry is this your program that you are designing (in which case presenting code is useful), or an existing program that you find awkward to use?
If the former, you need to create a buffer to add characters to rather than just transfer each to the entry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 am 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Hi,

From looking at the images and reading the text. What I expect is happening is the focus has changed from the GtkEntry to a GtkButton. When the focus leaves the GtkEntry the cursor and other highlights will be removed.

One way to solve this is to set the "focus" property of everything else in that window to FALSE so that only the GtkEntry can have focus.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm 

Replaced GtkEntry on GtkTextView and tried to create a buffer. Program code on NASM lower, warn, language study recently.

Paul Childs
This job on this study, I am trying to implement. Use existing, in this case - not a suitable alternative.
Tried to create a buffer, but the problem persists, the new value - over the old.

errol
How can I fix the focus on GtkTextView?

upd: remove focus from the buttons, the cursor remains in place, but it did not solve the problem

Attachments:
File comment: Program, sometimes very scary, silly and ugly ^^"
nasm.rar [22 KiB]
Downloaded 49 times