GTK+ Forums

Discussion forum for GTK+ and Programming. Ask questions, troubleshoot problems, view and post example code, or express your opinions.
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FPDF-Designer (PHP)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:41 pm 
Familiar Face

This is a project I'm working on, I'm planning to open source this project but I need to clean up some code first.

What's the aim of this project?
Well, I work on a company that works with PHP, I develop some applications which need some PDF generation, so I use a library for PHP called FPDF, so all the PDFs I generate, are programmed from scratch, loading the library, instanciating the object, etc...
In this project you can visually design the document, with drag and drop support you'll be able to drag text cells, lines, boxes, etc.

Why PHP?
I started this project on VB.NET, but someone at FPDF forums suggested me doing this with GTK so it can be used with any OS (that supports GTK obviously). As I work with PHP everyday and I knew that PHP supports GTK I decided to give it a try.

Why are you developing this application in english when you are Mexican?
Because I need some support.
Because I'll open source this and I think english is the best language which almost any person with enough knowledge know some english.
Because I want to practice my english :).

Now I'm going to post some screenshots :)

First try with GTK-PHP:

At last I made some lines :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 pm 
Never Seen the Sunlight

Neat project.

Post subject: Impressive.
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:08 pm 

An FPDF Designer tool would be great. It's a pain in the butt to try and determine cell placement in your head...

I wish I had the know-how to develop something similar. Keep this up. I'm sure those using FPDF would really find this a great help - not just me. :)

Post subject: Alternative from develop report designer from scratch.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm 

Hi,

This is a great approach, initialize I plan to develop the tool with GTK as well. End up I decide to use another approach which is much faster and effective. If you don't mind to try my library.

Due to your forum policy not allow me to post the URL, I will try send another 2 post. Hope you don't mind.

Regards,
Ks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 pm 

post 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:21 pm 

Hi,

This is a great approach, initialize I plan to develop the tool with GTK as well. End up I decide to use another approach which is much faster and effective. If you don't mind to try my library. Please read below.

My company'd just develop an open source PHP report library which allow you design PDF report via Java based IReport report designer. When you run the report it will use FPDF library as foundation and convert ireport xml file to PDF on the fly.

We make use the FPDF library, you can increase the productivity 100%-300% if you know how to use iReport.

Since my company gain a lot of benefit from open source software, so we willing to contribute something to open source community.
This project is free to use and free to change, project name = PHPJasperXML.

Download at:
http://www.simit.com.my/?q=phpjasperxml

This is new library and we need you feed back. Please feed back at:
http://www.extraknowledge.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

I'm not active in at here, please reply this message at forum aboved. Sorry I'm not promoting my forum, simply this forum is special for our company product & services, I check it always.

Below is the sample source code for display the report. Hopefully this project can spread fast, so that not PHP expert can design their PDF report easily.

Thanks for you trying this library.
Ks Tan

<?php

include_once('class/fpdf/fpdf.php');
include_once("class/PHPJasperXML.inc");
include_once ('setting.php'); //optional, just wanna to preset variable for database

$xml = simplexml_load_file("sample1.jrxml");

$PHPJasperXML = new PHPJasperXML();
$PHPJasperXML->arrayParameter=array("parameter1"=>1);
$PHPJasperXML->xml_dismantle($xml);

$PHPJasperXML->transferDBtoArray($server,$user,$pass,$db);
$PHPJasperXML->outpage("I"); //page output method I:standard output D:Download file

?>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm 
Familiar Face

cool